Theology of the Body news and discussion, Natural Family Planning Q & A and Prayer Community
Follow on Twitter

1.30.2008

Fr. Frank just called our house!

We were sitting around playing a family game of Guitar Hero (it was my turn!) when the phone rang. My husband took the call, and after a few seconds urged us, "Turn off the game! Fr. Frank Pavone is coming on the phone!" As he hands me the phone, I say incredulously, "Aww, it's probably just a taped message." On the other end of the phone, just silence, and now I know it's just a solicitation. Then a voice, and it's not recorded- it was Fr. Frank Pavone-live and in person!

It was the strangest thing, but to any pro-lifer, Fr. Pavone is a celebrity! I felt my face grow hot, and I knew I was turning red. We're the type of family that never wins anything, not even $20 a 50/50 raffle!

I gathered my wits and tried to think of something to say. "This is certainly unexpected!" I said. Fr. Frank was his gentle self, and explained that he was making calls to supporters of Priests for Life to thank us. Sounded good to me!

We talked about his latest visit to Stamford, Fr. Frank commented on how well it was publicized. Of course, I had to mention that we are parishioners of St. Mary Church in Norwalk, the hub of pro-life in the Diocese of Bridgeport, thanks to Fr. Markey!

Moving on to business, Fr. Frank and I talked shop. I told him that Kevin and I are an NFP Teaching Couple. With this year being the 40th anniversary of the encyclical Humanae Vitae,Priests for Life is focusing on how an understanding of Natural Family Planning , as respect for the source of life, is the key to ending abortion. This is a year long project at Priests for Life, which began July 2007, and will culminate with the anniversary on July 25, 2008.

There is lots of great info on the Priests for Life page called Abortion, Contraception, Natural Family Planning, Humanae Vitae.

We ended our conversation with a promise to pray for each other and our needs, and we said goodbye.

You just never know who's going to be on the other end of the phone!

No comments:

Post a Comment