Theology of the Body news and discussion, Natural Family Planning Q & A and Prayer Community
Follow on Twitter

6.10.2004

Prayer Requests and Prayers for Chastity

Please add your requests

From theologyofthebody.com

Prayer for Purity of Heart

Lord, help me to accept and receive my sexuality as a gift from you. Grant me the grace to resist the many lies that distort this divine gift and help me to live my sexuality according to the truth of self-giving love. Grant me purity of heart so that I might see the image of your glory in the beauty of others, and one day see you face to face. Amen.

Prayer for the Redemption of Sexual Desire

Lord, I praise you and thank you for the gift of my sexual desires. By the power of your death and resurrection, untwist in me what sin has twisted so that I might know and experience sexual desire as you created it to be + as the desire to love freely, totally, faithfully, and fruitfully. Amen.

Prayer in a Moment of Temptation to Lust

Lord, thank you for the beauty of this person whom you made to be loved + never to be treated as a thing for my gratification. I renounce any tendency within me to use this person for my own pleasure, and I ask you to set my desires aright. Amen.


Please pray the Hail Mary or Memorare for the requests listed here...

Remember O most gracious Virgin Mary,
that never was it known,
that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help or sought your intercession was left unaided.

Inspired with this confidence,
we fly unto you, O Virgin of Virgins, our Mother,
To you do we come, before you we stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not our petitions,
but in your mercy,
hear and answer us. Amen.

11 comments:

  1. For all people with cancer-
    especially my Mom, Dee
    also those on our family prayer list:
    Michelle, Mary Lou, Cheryl, Marilyn, and Mrs. K.
    We pray for healing and for God's will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:54 AM

    For our Church, and the College of Cardinals, that the Holy Spirit will descend as tongues of fire to enlighten and renew.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:08 AM

    Constance needs urgent finances to enable her pay for her debts. Constance needs urgent divine healing Constance needs ution fees for ther BA studies. Constance needs promotion at her work. Kwayasama needs finances to enable her pay for her debts. Khumbo needs urgent prayers that she should be a God fearing girl Khumbo to be intelligent at school Blackson to be intelligent at school Precious to be intelligent at school Rachel to be intelligent at school Harry to be intelligent at school

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:24 PM

    I need prayers for being young and Catholic in a world of sexual beings and temptations. I pray for chastity and purity, I pray that the devil leaves me alone and I am no longer tempted to masturbate or watch or take part in sexual desires or acts until marriage. I want to be as pure as can be for my future husband and for God. I want my body to be precious and I want to no longer give in to the devils sick thoughts. I am stronger than the devil because I have god by my side. Please keep myself in your prayers as well as all the other young people in the world who are tempted and weak at times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:33 AM

    Jesus, please bless Julie and Peter on their upcoming celebration of marriage. Please help Julie get the help to pay for a tubal reversal so she may be open to Gods gift of life. Please help them with this situation. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous11:32 PM

    Lord i pray for purity and chastity. Give me the strength to say no and not give into my sexual desires. Help us to keep our relationship pure and blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:39 AM

    Please, fervently pray:



    That TODAY OR TOMORROW NEBOJSA makes new steps toward me (call, approach, apologize) and that WE COMPLETE RECONCILE



    That God keep us in His care and help us to work out all problems



    For God’s protection of our love and future



    That God keep evil influences and envy and jealous opinions and people away from our relationship, that all negative TEMPTATIONS, STUBBORNESS, UNFORGIVENNES AND BITTERNESS be lifted away



    Thank you very much.

    I'M PRAYING FOR YOU AND PEOPLE AROUND ME!

    MAY YOU SEE THE ANSWERS TO MANY OF YOUR PRAYERS

    GOD BLESS YOU!



    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous6:33 AM

    MY UNCLE NIKOLA (my mother's only brother) is in hospital already 3 weeks and his CONDITION IS CRITICAL, even worse than it was. Few years ago he had a stroke and now HIS BRAIN CELLULES ARE ATROPHYING. HE CAN NOT MOVE HIS LEFT LEG AND HAND.

    Please pray, THAT GOD TOUCH AND HEAL MY UNCLE NIKOLA, AND PROTECT HIS LIFE.

    He is wonderful man, Christian all his life, regulary attended church. Doctor said that now everything is in God’s hands.

    PLEASE BELIEVE IN MIRACLE AND PRAY THAT GOD COMPLETE HEAL HIM.



    Thank you and may God abundantly BLESS YOU

    Katarina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:05 PM

    Lord please bestow your abundant grace upon SK and BG and give them strength to have a loving, respectful and chaste relationship.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lord,, pls help me in fulfilling the complete change i have planned for my life..,,please keep evil and bad thoughts away from me..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please pray for the awakening, healing and restoring of my friend's purity. My dear friend Alejandro is suffering from a sexual addiction which he is unable/unwilling to realize. It is noticeably consuming his entire being and not only hurting him, but those around him, to the point where not only his relationships with family and friends are suffering, but also his work and the basic activities of daily life. I have faith that God, with his undying and infinite love and mercy wants nothing more than to see his Son return home, and become the beauty the father has created him to be, able to live a life to the fullest. Thus I implore your assistance in prayer, that we may together storm heaven on behalf of my friend Alejandro, for his conversion of body, mind, heart, and soul, and that he may someday soon awaken to his situation and embrace the loving and forgiving arms of the Father and be restored to a new life in and through Christ!

    ReplyDelete