Theology of the Body news and discussion, Natural Family Planning Q & A and Prayer Community
Follow on Twitter

5.13.2004

Feminism and sexuality

Without any slideshows to create at this moment, I find myself surfing the web a little more often than is practical. Anyway, I have been following the March for Women's Lives that was held on April 25 in D.C. I really wanted to attend; but I may have not been up for the challenge. I don't know if I've got the self control of the witnesses who took the silent stand.
Visit Annie Banno's blog to get the idea. Find Tuesday April 27th.

With the links posted there, I found myself visiting lots of different sites and blogs with varying points of view--lots of pro-abort and feminist sites. The amount of contorted sexual expression is incredible. We can only pray and grieve for the loss of the true sexuality among us all.

Listening to Chris West's talk from Sunday of the conference- "Real Men in the Real World" hit the nail on the head-- all of the misplaced longing (and the sexual attention that goes with it) reflects a desire for the TRUE BRIDEGROOM.

John 7 There came a woman of Samaria to draw water. Jesus said to her, "Give me a drink." 8 For his disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. 9* The Samaritan woman said to him, "How is it that you, a Jew, ask a drink of me, a woman of Samaria?" For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans. 10* Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is that is saying to you, 'Give me a drink,' you would have asked him, and he would have given you living water." 11 The woman said to him, "Sir, you have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep; where do you get that living water? 12 Are you greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, and his sons, and his cattle?" 13 Jesus said to her, "Every one who drinks of this water will thirst again, 14* but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst; the water that I shall give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." 15* The woman said to him, "Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw."

Jesus fill us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment