Theology of the Body news and discussion, Natural Family Planning Q & A and Prayer Community
Follow on Twitter

4.08.2005

George Weigel, Papal Biographer weighs in

George Weigel, a Senior Fellow of the Ethics and Public Policy Center, is a Roman Catholic theologian and one of America’s leading commentators on issues of religion and public life. The author of Witness to Hope, the bestselling biography of Pope John Paul II, Mr. Weigel is presently in Rome, providing commentary for NBC television during the mourning for the Pope. He will remain there through the Conclave to select the next Pope.

This page brings together selections of some of EPPC's work related to the late Pope John Paul II, including obituaries and remembrances published this week.

At last! I've been waiting to hear what this great mind and great advocate and admirer of our Holy Father has to say!


"...the Pope offered me a way of thinking about being Catholic in the modern world that was both faithful to the great tradition and fully alert to the possibilities to be teased out of contemporary thought. Spiritually, the Pope was a shining example of a life lived according to the Gospel without compromise. Professionally, of course, the Pope changed my life by agreeing to cooperate with my rather brash proposal that I write his biography.

I’ll certainly be thinking about John Paul II for the rest of my life, and not only because I intend to finish Witness to Hope, bringing the story to a close. I’ll be thinking about John Paul because he has been one of the decisive influences in my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment