Theology of the Body news and discussion, Natural Family Planning Q & A and Prayer Community
Follow on Twitter

8.25.2005

Think before you drink (that grande latte)




Starbucks funds and promotes homosexual activism

Starbucks: A habit
easily broken


By Meghan Kleppinger

It’s been two weeks since my last Starbucks coffee.

Admittedly, I am one of those who don’t think twice about dropping $4 for a cup of coffee that costs less than $.50 to make. I am a self-proclaimed coffee house junkie and need that wonderful yuppie, intellectual “atmosphere” and freshly brewed aroma as much as the caffeine.

When I moved to D.C. right out of college, I encountered my first Starbucks drink, or should I say “experience”? Growing up in a military family, I loved chain restaurants because of the sense of familiarity they offered in every new town we moved to. So, to be able to get the same type of specialty coffee – grande, iced, skim, sugar-free vanilla, latte – everywhere, was an addiction waiting to happen.

Fast forward four years, and about 800 lattes later – I’m a Starbucks addict!

When a report came out earlier this year showing that none of Starbucks’ charitable contributions went to conservative causes, I didn’t blink, I bought a latte. When I walked by a liquor store in Northeast D.C. with a big advertisement for Starbucks liquor, I kept walking, stopped in at Starbucks and bought a latte! When I was at work a couple weeks ago, reading an e-alert from our California organization (yes, latte in hand), I finally had a wake-up call. more...

More Starbucks News:Officials at Baylor University told the Starbucks store on its Waco, Texas, campus to remove a cup said to promote homosexuality.

No comments:

Post a Comment